Thursday 12 January 2017

Manic Ceramics Hereford


We all experience that time between Christmas and New Year when we don't really know what's going on. In this cheese and lebkuchen induced state it is easy to forget what day it is, what we're supposed to be doing and quite possibly our own name.

Usually I would spend these days sitting in my Pj's, drinking hot chocolate and trying to not think about the number of days before I am required to return to the day job.
This year however (prompted very conveniently by the visiting of my inlaws) I decided that perhaps I could make more constructive use of my time, and chose to visit an establishment that I had walked past many times and thought "I really should go in there".




Run by the very talented Anne Davidson and her team, "Manic Ceramics" opened in Hereford in September 2003 and has become the go-to place for ceramics painting in the city. Providing a huge array of items to be painted means there is guaranteed to be something for you to take home and cherish forever.



Although I had some experience with using porcelain pens, I had never painted with glazes before and this was going to be a completely new challenge for me. But I was certainly up for it!

The staff were incredibly helpful and we were very pleased with what we made. Once completed, ceramics are left onsite to be glazed, fired and are ready for collection in about a week.

Here is my finished article! I'm dead proud!






Here's a link to the Manic Ceramics facebook page and website. The studio is located on St Martins Street and bookings can be made by calling Anne on 07930 907079, pre booking is HIGHLY recommended.









No comments:

Post a Comment